Parents who suspect their preschool-age child may have special needs may obtain free help from their local school district’s Child Study Team.
The LaceyTownship Department of Special Services is conducting a Child Find. This is a service that locates and provides services for those children ages 3 to 5 who may have physical, cognitive, language, social, or emotional difficulties. For children birth to 3 years of age, information is also available on how and where to obtain services. If your child appears to have one or more of the following signs, please contact the Lacey Township Department of Special Services.
- Significant delays in acquiring language or significant speech problems
- Significant difficulty walking, running, or manipulating small objects
- Frequent health problems or disabilities present from birth
- Consistent trouble seeing or hearing
- Tendency toward temper tantrums or excessive anxiety/shyness
- Significant difficulty playing appropriately with other children
- Significant problems paying attention and listening
Screening, professional guidance, and an educational program (if needed) are all available free of charge through the public school Child Study Team.
For further information, call the Lacey Township School District Department of Special Services at (609) 971-2000 ext. 1021